Thursday, August 6, 2009

Random Thoughts and Wrap-up on Web 2.0

What a great experience! I am very glad I had to spend the time to get to know about all of these tools that we have available to us. Suddenly, Twitter is everywhere. And I have to say that without this assignment, I would have had no idea what that is. I am also glad that I have my own blog. That is worth understanding.

The down side? The spam in my inbox is unbelievable. I wish that I had used a yahoo email for all of this. Then the spam would be going there and I wouldn't have to see it. I have evennoticed it in my Twitter account. I get these emails from Twitter that some odd-named people are now following me. Creepy. Now that I am thinking about this and want to check out my Twitter account I see that Twitter has been attacked and is shut down. Another side to the virtual world is how vulnerable you are out there.


Another thing, what's with Facebook owning any pictures I put on there? That annoys me. It has also discouraged me from putting anymore pictures on my Facebook page.



One final thought about using Web 2.0 in the library. This summer the teens posted book reviews on a Teen Blog. There were lots of them. But now that SRC is over, where are they? They have already been removed. I think that is a shame. I am sure the teens were proud of them and will be sorely disappointed when they want to show their work to friends and family. If we are going to go to that much trouble and get that kind of response, please leave it on there for awhile so everyone can enjoy it.

Thank you for this opportunity; I have learned a lot. And, it has been fun.

No comments: