Monday, May 4, 2009

Hmmmm... You Tube

I have been unwilling to jump on the You Tube bandwagon. As a Mom I don't trust it. I blocked it from our home computers a long time ago. I was seeing content that I did not want my children to see, so I censored it. I'm a Mom. I'm allowed to do that.

As a user, I have explored it. But, mostly, I don't find anything useful on it. I have gotten the occasional link and watched Harry Potter videos and such as that. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Simon Cowell's eyes pop out when Susan Boyle started singing. But these seem to me to be a few rare gems amongst a whole lot of junk.

These videos are entertaining, but they are not increasing my quality of life. How many videos of dancing (or worse) teen-agers do we really need on the internet? How much space is this taking up somewhere out there? How much does it cost? When is enough enough? All deep thoughts for a video website, I realize. But I wonder, "Just because we can, does it mean we should?"

No comments: